Friday, October 21, 2005

Turkey Termination Day

So, my in-laws have this interesting thing, that's quickly becoming a tradition... on the second year. It's called (see title), and it's just what it sounds like. Doug and Jane have a nice place on a huge lot our in the Snohomish Valley of Washington State. And once a year they slaughter aroudn 10-15 turkeys for Thanksgiving. I say, any animal that is that loud, ugly, with that bad a temper, and tastes that good, deserves an axe. But before you eat these guys, you've got to really wash out their gutted body, and before you do that you've got to disembowl them, and before that you've got to pull every feather, and before that you've got to cut off their legs, and before that you've got to boil the entire bird in a scaulding pot of water, feathers, and blood, but before all of that you've got to chop their heads on the block. And that's really where the interesting part is in this whole process. These dam things really do run around with their heads cut off. They move and react as though their heads area atached, when they're not. It's puzzling, exciting, horrific, and I think very worth the time. When they get the axe. they spasm, hold still for maybe a minute, then smove around some more.

Now I posteed a few videos of this thing, but I've heard a lot of people are having trouble opening it. So email me, if you're interested, and I'l get them to ya.

More coming,

-Rob

5 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger bloggrez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger SN said...

i can't seem to be able to watch the videos robbie. I keep getting an error...

"Cannot open the file. Verify that the path and filename are correct and try again."

sucks. i wanna seem some feathers.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Joel Swagman said...

I also had trouble opening the video files. But it sounds cool.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger SN said...

i finally got them to work...and wow...i guess it's good to know where your food comes from. but i'd like to soon forget again thank you.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Morris Mathews said...

Rob, I am afraid of the videos. In your blog you used the word spasm. That is too much for one Miss Hannah Morris. On another note, I am spending Thanksgiving Day at my parents new house in Florida... and guess who is in a frame and on the wall: one Mr. Rob Patton, one Mr. Joel Swagman, a Gerkin and a Bakes. And me. How that happened, I do not know. Long time no see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home