Monday, May 01, 2006

1st Quarter Action

Everett in MarchSo I haven't posted in a bit and my CPU crashed... so here are some quick clips from the last few months...

- Andy and I saw Aerosmith in Tacoma, just a killer show. Until the tour was called off, they've been doing a "rockin' blues" kinda tour. And we're planning to go see Pearl Jam at The Gorge this summer with the girls. I'll probably have more about that.
- Over Xmas Doug and Jane took a bunch of us to Silcox Hut on Mount Hood. Here are some pics of the trip and some unrelated general Xmas shots.
- Derek and Kruse got engaged more info here. Even more Kruse and Derek pics, here.
Everett in April- The Seahawks lost to Pittsburg in Super Bowl Forty las February. Some quick thoughts about that: the Niners are a record 5-0 in the Superbowl, the Seahawks got handed a playoff spot with the NFC West, and arguably the NFC conference title. Pittsburg's QB had a Super Low 29 point something rating, and the NFL #1 ranked offense found a way to grasp deafeat from the jaws of victory. And the Niners are a record 5-0 in the big game.
- We got new windows on the house. Never in my life would it think this is actually news.... but I've got an over-developed sense of humor these days.
- I completed a Neworking night class a Bellevue Community College and passed my CompTia Network+ exam, so I've got my elective certs out of the way. Now I just need 3 Microsoft certs and I'm an Microsoft Certified Systems Analyst (MCSA). Sunset over the Navy Base
- I joined a public flag-football league and it is FUNpublic (see our team photo and record). We're a solid 2-1 right now, but we're gonna take it all.
- Me and a group of four other guys from my Saturday poker squad decided we’re going to do the Seattle-to-Portland bike thing. It’s a two day ride of 200 miles, that happens every year, and I'm really looking forward to it. I thought I was actually pretty hard core for doing the STP, until I ran into the website of a few neighborhood buddies of mine (Doug Rickett and Bob Medikar back in San Jose, who biked across the entire freakin United States of America. That's hard core; props to my old buddy Doug.
- Melis and I took a relaxing trip up to the San Juan islands right near Canada. pics here. That was a great getaway with just the two of us.
- My buddy Jason, from Idaho dropped by for a weekend.
- On a downer/thankful note... Myles, a good friend of mine got into a real nasty wreck around mid-April. He was at a stop on a two-land highway, waiting to make a left turn. A loaded big rig hit him from behind, smashing the rear half of the Dodge Neon he was in, which pushed Myles and the Neon into the other lane where he was T-Boned by oncoming traffic. Myles was knocked unconsious, and sustained some serious brusing, and there's seeing evidence of more bone damage, but all things considered he was very lucky. See some pics of what's left of the Neon right here.
Out our window on a Saturday afternoon- And Melis is thinking about a new line of work. Journalism is something she's really good at, and will probably continue to do at one form or another. But we're on a happiness hunt for my girl, and fortunately she's a lot smarter than I am, so I'm sure she'll figure out what the good Lord has in store for her.
- I've been insanely busy at work, it's lotsa job security which is always welcome... but it's a bit stressful with the commute and the lack of free time. Of course I ought to enjoy my time before kids ever show up... Speaking of kids CONGRATULATIONS TO GORDO AND TRACE!! (Rob lights a cigar)
- And my 49ers drafted Vernon Davis, with the 6th overall pick. Vernon Davis #85 is a fast-as-light TE from Maryland. I thought we had TE pretty well secured with Eric "I've been to the ProBowl" Johnson, but whatever. And while I'm on the subject, I'm feeling much better about the Niners these days. Yeah, it's the offseason (although mini-camp started today), but we signed Trent Dilfer, have 3-4 really good, Niner-quality, guys on the O-Line, about 10 unproven receivers (so maybe 4 decent to good options), a big TE for a target, and John York is distancing himself from the day-to-day operations of the team. Yeah, Alex had a bad season, even for a rookie...but Joe Montana's vision and accuracy, Michael Vick's elusiveness, and Steve Young's arm could not have done better in the hell-hole of a situation we were in last year (also owner John York's fault). We WILL be back, and the Faithful Retribution shall return to cities like Seattle, Chicago, Green Bay, and Dallas. Speaking of Seattle, the Niners seahawks situation has the makings of a great rivalry.... more coming.
- Oh yeah, I'm starting a fantasy football team in June-July so if you want in let me know.

2 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Joel Swagman said...

Wow! That is one fuckup neon.

I'm a bit out of it appearently. Are Gordo and Trace expecting, are have they had the kid already?

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Yeah, Gordo and Trace are expecting. I guess they just found out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home